Hat Rock Vineyard was planted exclusively to Pinot Noir in 2000. The Vineyard is predominantly MV6 with a small amount of 114 & 115 making up the mix. A gently undulating north facing slope of the Bellarine Hills, the soil is self- mulching black clay/loam containing pockets of limestone.
The vineyard derives its name from a ‘hat shaped’ rocky outcrop on the Corio Bay shore, not far from the vineyard. This is one of only three landmarks names by Matthew Flinders, on the Bellarine Peninsula what he entered Port Philip ad Corio Bays in April 1802.